Monday, March 19, 2012

Whiplash

Wow, I will have been home for less that 5 days when I board another transatlantic flight, this time back to Ukraine for a Friday court date.

Honestly, I am heartbroken to be missing Lily's 10th birthday on Monday.  And already worried that I will also miss Emma's first prom.  But in the grand scheme of things, this is good.  It means that we are two weeks ahead of what our projected time frame would have been.  It means that we are that much closer to the finish line of this part of the journey.  It means that even though there are certainly obstacle ahead, the tunnel is widening.

It has been a wonderful few days with my family.  I have cried many tears, expressed much appreciation to all the people who have been holding me up in prayer.  Got some amazing love, support and encouragement as well as great prayer.  I feel energized and a bit more prepared for what lies ahead.

While the fear is still there, it is no longer overwhelming.  It doesn't consume me to the very fiber of my being.  It is more of a back drop.  I am a bit more empowered, I have taken a bit more control of my thought patterns and given up control of the calendar.  That one is a daily struggle, I still play the tape of the things I could miss but I know that I just need to ride it out and stop fighting the storm.  The perfect storm really.  I gotta take down the sails and let God take me where he wants to take me.  And, in turn, look for the blessings along the way.  Those things God needs me to do for Him, the kingdom.  Sometimes God delivers us from the storm but sometimes He takes us through the storms.  So this storm, it shall become my story...see Steve, I was listening.

My prayer is that God would strengthen my resolve, bring peace to my heart in the midst of the storm, that He would calm the waves of fear that try to sink my ship and that I would allow God to carry me through finding joy in the journey.  Obviously, I pray for safety.  Not just for me, my husband and daughter Annabelle.  But for Emma and Lily who will be staying behind.  And for us to never lose sight of the little life we are going to rescue.

She was expecting us on April 2nd, and now if all goes as it should, I will be picking her up from the orphanage on April 3rd.  I pray that God is preparing her heart as I type these words.  I pray for Grandma, who we have to meet before court.  That she receive us and accept the gift we are offering, a hope, a future for her grand daughter.  That she not be an obstacle but grant her blessing.  I pray for the entire process, all the remaining documents.  That I trust in Gods timing and resist the temptation to push my agenda.  God know best!

For my family...I have to tell the world.  My husband and girls are simply amazing.  They have showed so much courage, so much sacrifice, so much patience and understanding.  Far, far beyond their years.  I am a blessed lady!  While my heart is heavy at yet another good bye, it overflows with pride.  Please pray for each of them, each one dealing with their own struggles, fears and concerns.

For me personally, I pray that I can glorify God in all that I do.  I know that there will be difficulties.  I know I will get homesick.  I know that I will miss my family.  But I also know God is bigger than all of that.  And for those of you who have been following along, you know that I will be honest.  I can't hold things back very well, so when I am down...you'll know it.  So, just say an extra prayer that day.  That God would renew His spirit within me.  That I could take charge of the thoughts that invade and press forward with the finish line in sight.  I will run, and if I get weary...God will carry me.  I will not faint!

So my appeal, please, send your words, your scriptures, your "kick in the pants," come on Tiffany pull yourself together comments.  I am so curious about all of you out there following along.  From Saint Lucia, my dream vacation spot.  To England, Canada, Italy, Sweden, Russia, Germany, Malaysia, New Zealand, France, Ukraine and the U.S.  Who are you all...I would love to know more about you.  How you know about this adventure.  What is your story.  Really, feel free to chime in.  You following energizes me, it encourages me.  It is all part of the story.

For now, I will try to get my head back around.  Recover from the whiplash and press on, hands wide open for Gods story to tell.  You probably won't hear from me until Thursday night when we hopefully settle for a few nights in Nikopol.  I promise to update as soon as possible.  Face Book is often my easiest way to "get the word out" so if you aren't my "friend" (that still makes me laugh) feel free to send a request, otherwise check back on Thursday.

Blessing to you, so many who have blessed me so!


4 comments:

  1. I have been following along- Karen shared your link :) Karen is a friend of our friends who are stationed in Kyiv. We adopted twice in 2011, 3 girls, 10, 10, and 11 all from Odessa. We have been following along and holding your family in our prayers. We will continue to do so as you travel back, go through court, and come back home and transition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following as well. I think I found you through Karen as well. We adopted two girl 7 & 10 from the Kirovograd region just over a year ago. www.martitimes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love following your blog and I am so grateful that you are giving us this opportunity to see into your hearts. We are so blessed to call you friends and so inspired by your story. When you mentioned being in a storm, God gave me Proverbs 10:25 for you. "When the whirlwind passes, the wicked are no more but the righteous have an everlasting foundation." This storm will pass and with Jesus at the helm, you only need ride it out. Hugs and blessings to all of you!
    Glenda with Ken and boys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tiff, you are not alone, ever. You are in my thoughts every day, and I can't wait to read your next post. If you don't make it home, I will go shoot 4 gigs of pictures of Emma, video, everything I can to make you feel like you were here... and, I will watch out for her at After Prom, too.. Keep us informed, and if you need to talk, my facebook chat is on all the time (I get it on my phone). I'm also not afraid to make an international phone call (my dime :). Love you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete